Saturday, February 16, 2013

Your Go-to Activity

Click on image to enlarge 
Exercise is one of those rare things where the hype actually meets reality. Next to not smoking, getting regular physical activity is arguably the best thing you can do for your health. It lowers the risk of heart disease, diabetes, stroke, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, and certain cancers, and also can help control stress and boost mood. Plus, if moderate to vigorous, physical activity helps keep weight in check.
Best of all? It doesn’t take marathon training to see real health gains. A 30-minute brisk walk on five days of the week is all most people need.  - The Nutrition Source, Harvard School of Public Health
For more information on getting active check out ...

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/staying-active/

Click on "comments" below to post your go-to activity.

1 comment:

  1. Nelson knows what he is talking about! He has helped me lose 30 pounds pre-pregnancy. Once I got pregnant he helped me with tools and information lose my baby weight. Now I weigh less than before I got pregnant! I still have weight to lose, but I am well on my way!

    This morning I ate Quaker Oatmeal Squares cereal with Skim Milk, an apple , and a cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete